Professional trading on a real account. The effect of closing the price gap (gap) is used. Trailing stop of open positions reduces risk. Minimum deposit of $ 10.
Features of the trading strategy
After weekends or holidays, gaps often appear on the market (gaps in price charts). According to statistics, most gaps closes (the price returns to the beginning of the gap). The trading strategy implemented by this robot is based on this regularity. At the time of the gap, the robot opens the position in the direction of its closure. For each transaction, individual goals are calculated depending on the characteristics of the market. Open positions are accompanied by a robot. In the process of price movement, a trailing stop is performed on the extremes of the formed candles, which significantly reduces trading risks.
The robot has all the protections that allow it to work successfully in adverse conditions on a real account. Also, flexible money management adapts transactions for the accumulated volumes and allows you to reinvest the funds received. All this makes the work of the robot as safe and efficient as possible.
On major currency pairs, gaps occur relatively rarely, usually after weekends or holidays. Therefore, the robot opens transactions infrequently (2-4 per month). However, transactions are very accurate and open with increased volume, providing a given high trading efficiency.
Testing was conducted on the quotes of the standard real account of the Alpari broker and showed the stability of the operation of the robot over long periods (3-5 years). When testing for the period 2017 - 2018 g with a starting deposit of $ 100, the following results were obtained (rounded): on EURUSD $30000; on GBPJPY $217000 and on GBPUSD $98000. The results are shown in the screenshots.
- Magic number - magic number for orders;
- Language - robot message language (Eng / Rus);
- Trading days - allowed trading days (Only monday / All days);
- Use money management - use of automatic capital management ( Yes / No);
- Magnification factor of the lot - coefficient of linear dependence of the lot on the available funds in money management;
- Initial lot - initial lot with money management disabled;
- Size of the gap - the minimum size of the gap, which is allowed to open trades, points;
- Coefficient of the take profit - gap share used for profit (0.2-1.0);
- Stop loss - initial stop loss, points;
- To control the spread before opening order - (Yes / No);
- Maximum spread - maximum spread for opening trades (if a To control the spread = Yes).
Recommendations for use
The robot can be used to trade on any accounts. But it is preferable to use accounts with 5-digit quotes, low spread and high speed. Account leverage is preferably at least 1: 500.
In the case of a floating spread, when it is possible to have an unacceptable spread, you should prohibit positioning with an invalid spread value using the To control the spread = Yes parameter. The deal will be opened when the spread becomes less than the value specified in Maximum spread.The Maximum spread parameter must be greater than the minimum spread of a specific account. Otherwise, the robot will not work. Good results are obtained if the broker provides a fixed spread of no more than 10-30 points.
Optimization over time is usually not needed. However, when switching to other brokers, especially with an increase in the spread, optimization may be necessary.
Existing set-files will be posted on the Comments page.